Monday, April 6, 2009

It's been a while...

...since I wrote here. And as it usually happens in my life, it has turned upside down and inside out in a matter of days. And once again, new beginnings, new terms, new life!

I must admit I was a bit scared about this one. It happened so unexpectedly! But somehow it ended up happening naturally, can't even explain how.

The point is, the last 3 months have been amazing, challenging, hard, wonderful, exciting, and a whole lot of other things. In a sense, I have been pushed to the max, and I'm proud to say I didn't break. I picked myself up, shook the dust, stood on my own two feet and managed to build a pretty good life!

So now that a new adventure has started, and I'm back under the southern skies, with the beautiful south cross to lead the way, I feel like I should start writing here again. :)

For those of you who don't know this yet, I am living in Buenos Aires, Argentina.



This city is so amazing, it's almost impossible to describe how I feel about it. There is SO much to discover, so many things that bring a feeling of awe and excitement, so much life, so much... joy. Yes, I think that's the word. We don't use that word nearly enough, but joy is a wonderful feeling that just invades you and brings a smile to your lips that you just can't control. I have discovered myself smiling happily on the streets while just walking, for no other reason than the fact I'm walking down a street in Buenos Aires, or that I see a building that makes me think of Paris, or that I'm going to my favorite coffee place, or that I'm meeting a friend... And invariably, I take different routes to go places, and discover a new little gem of a place, a little hidden piece of heaven with a delicious ginger lemonade, or a mouth-watering factura de dulce de leche (hmmm... hard to explain... something sweet and delicious!)

I don't know how long I will be here for. I'm planning on staying until December, but the wind might pick up again and take me on a different adventure before then... or I might fall in love even more with this city and decide I can't leave just yet.

To all my dear and old friends... I miss you as always. To all my new friends, I'm thankful you're in my life. You have truly made a difference in these last 3 months, and I can't imagine life here without you. So thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good life! ;)