Saturday, December 24, 2011

*Home* --> What is that anyway?

I arrived in Frankfurt on Monday afternoon. You know that feeling you get when you haven't been home for a long time, and you open the door and all the familiar comforts are there? I felt that while walking through the giant Frankfurt Hauptbahnhoff (main train station) and feeling the cold wind on my face, seeing the Christmas decorations, smelling the sweet smell of roasted nuts.

It's hard for me to describe how I feel when I get back to a place I love.

On Tuesday, I had that feeling again. Arriving in Berlin at 10pm, taking the S-bahn, my feet carried me without thinking. I was going home. Going up the stairs, fishing for the keys in my bag, opening the door to my flat. Familiar sights and smells. Drop backpack. Take off shoes. Run to living room. How could I have forgotten? it's Tuesday. Tuesday means Movie Night! And food!

Happy faces, friends, hugs, laughter, warmth, good food.

Yeah, I'm home. Even if technically, I don't really live here. My name is still on the door though...

No comments: