Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cuzco--round II

Next day we get up somewhat early, to take the train back to Ollantaytambo, take the bus back to Cuzco, and hopefully take a bus from Cuzco that same night heading towards Lima and eventually to Cajamarca.

BUT! One of my friends from Buenos Aires, Johan, was supposed to be arriving in Cuzco that day, and we were going to try and meet, even if for just a couple of hours...

So we got to Cuzco, took a taxi from the bus station towards the hotel (where we had left our stuff before). I'm sitting in the front, all of a sudden I hear "Isn't that Johan??" I look back and start to tell the taxi driver to stop! Stop! STOP!! tell Mene to pay, open the car door and RUN!

Couldn't see Johan anymore, where is he, oh there he is, he crossed the street... cars... cars... there, cross, run, jump on Johan in the middle of the street! He had a friend with him, who looked at me as if I were some insane person recently escaped from the nut house. Johan himself started laughing, it was just too great a coincidence that we met on the street like that. :)



So we walked around the city for a little bit, talked for a while, and then unfortunately I had to head back to the hotel, to grab the backpack and go to the bus station for the next leg of the journey...

No comments: