Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spontaneous Brazilian trip

I guess it's starting to be a trend, eh? People are traveling around, they start talking to me about it, and next thing I know, I'm on the trip with them! :) Yes, I have a very difficult life... for sure!

This one at least gave me a little more advance notice (not the <12hrs of last time!) It happened like this: my friend Guy sent me an email saying he was in Europe, and planning on going to either Africa or Brazil in a week, and was asking my opinion of what he should do. I obviously told him he should come to Brazil, and I would meet him there! So after a couple of days of emails and skype chats, he decided to come, and bought his ticket for a week later. We started to plan the trip, although very loosely (which was a good thing since we already changed a good part of it, and we're only on day 3!), where we should go and where we would meet.

He flew to Foz do Iguazu, and I took a bus up from Buenos Aires, and arrived at the airport to pick him up just minutes before his flight came in... perfect timing! So that's where we are at the moment, yesterday we went to the Brazilian side of the falls, got soaken wet from the spray and marvelled at the beauty of the falls, then dried up in the sun, had a humangous dinner in town and eventually dropped dead from exhaustion... it was a long day... but FUN! :)

 
That was at the restaurant for lunch... we had a blast!!!

 
At the falls... 

 
 Soaken wet! 

No comments: