Monday, February 1, 2010

Balance of the last 48hrs



The first part of the 48hrs was great... It involved 2 great meals, 1 in Paris Saturday night, the other in Lyon, Sunday lunch. Lots of friends. Loads of food. Lots and lots of laughter and fun. Even made a few new friends, a French/Greek guy who told me what to do and what not to do in Greece, and even a couple of Brazilian girls! The day Sunday was amazing, clear blue skies, crisp clear air, absolutely beautiful and perfect!!

Then the 2nd part of the 48hrs came...

Grams of great food ingested in a happy mood* with great friends= 0
Moments of laughter and fun= 0
Friends= -2 (yes, that means I lost 2, possibly 3 friends)
Weather= -10 and snowing

*To be honest there was one meal with great friends, but unfortunately the happy mood was not there.

And if that hadn't been enough, 136 Euros flushed down the toilet...

----------------//---------------

At least they kinda balance each other out... despite the fact that I'm emotionally drained, physically exhausted, quite a bit poorer, and lost something priceless= the friendship of 2 people I thought were some of my closest friends.

But I survived through it all... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold on and enjoy the rest! :D**

Paulina said...

I don't want to sound like a huge cliche, but if you lost them, they weren't your friends ...