Monday, April 5, 2010

Switzerland-- part I

After a lovely week in Denmark, I flew to Geneva, where I finally got my nice fondue with good friends... :) But that was for just 24hrs, before taking a train to Neuchatel, where I was meeting my wonderful friend Ewa, to go on a hike on the Jura mountains, overlooking the lake. We met a couple of her friends, took a cable car up to the middle of the mountain, and then walked the rest of the way up, through the dark, snow-covered forest, in a beautiful, quiet night, until we found the refuge, where we had another fondue! My second fondue in 2 days!! :)

Here are some pictures...

View from the cable car

The four of us on the mountain somewhere...

And the fondue!!! :)

The next day, Ewa and I went to Fribourg, stopping along the way in Morat, a lovely little medieval town by another lake, with an impressive castle and beautiful views! It was sunny and warm enough for a coffee on terrace overlooking the lake... :)

The view... 

With Ewa on the castle... :)

Then we went to in Fribourg, we had a nice, calm weekend, went to the movies, cooked great food, including some good ol' fashioned Argentinian empanadas! :) 

Me with the empanadas! :) 

Thanks for a lovely time Ewa! :) I'll be back soon to visit and have some more fun!! :) 


No comments: