Thursday, March 3, 2011

A world of friends...



People always ask me if it isn't hard moving to a different country every few years leaving all your friends behind... and I always answer the same way: yes, it's a bit hard, but you always end up making new friends...

By now I have lived in so many places, and met so many wonderful people, that it's a joy traveling anywhere (besides the obvious fact that I'm traveling!) because I know I can meet a friend here, another there.

Today I'm flying to Thailand. I was there in 2004 and I loved it SO much! In fact, the picture that inspired me to start this blog was taken there, in the hills of northern Thailand.
A few days ago, I discovered through Facebook that a friend I met in England 3 years ago has been living in Thailand for a year, and we're planning on meeting. I had no idea I had friends in Thailand!!! But I do. And I'm so happy and excited about it!

This trip is going to be a very short one, unfortunately... but I'm looking forward to the sunshine and the ocean... and also, to leaving the computer behind. I won't be posting anything for the next couple of weeks, because I need to "unplug". I promise to update it when I get back though, with plenty of pictures!! :)

1 comment:

pillow of winds said...

I was just talking about that with my roomate!

Living in different places in the world is great: you not only have an insider view of the place, you have the chance to make friends. And then you leave, and then you miss them. But in the next place it all starts again, and you end up knowing and caring about a large group of wonderful people that you had the good chance to meet because you decided to move.

All in all it's a wonderful experience...it's a wonderful life! ;)